Existing Member?

Raise of cambodian

My Scholarship entry - Giving back on the road

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 24 April 2012 | Views [758] | Scholarship Entry

My adventure trip is started on 13th night to 17th of April 2012 while Songkran festival. I arrived to Cambodia on 14th afternoon. I was in Siem Reap. I had know one man who can speak English and he wanted to be my guide to cultural study here. I said yes suddenly, felt nice, and we are friend, excited about my Cambodian cultural study trip.

I see many drivers here aren’t care about how to drive with safety. Why? I talked about this and share some idea with my Cambodian guide. “Someone here should warn and teach them how to drive safety” he said, and I agreed with him. On the way road, when we found something wrong, sometime we should proof it for them have see how it wrong, and we teach them how to be in correct.

My Cambodian guide was born in here, Siem Reap. He’d never known about his father and mother both. He lives in Happy Family Foundation. This foundation is founded by a Khmer couple, they so kind. Children in here are about 20-30, their father and mother left them. A Khmer couple teaches them for living, language skill, good attitude to themselves and others, their dream, a patient to study and work. I talked with children, teenagers and workers in here, they’re quality men. The Cambodian image of mine had changed. I’m proud of them. I hopeful about this country will develop into better way in the future. Whoever wrong will solve by them warn and teach.

I stayed in Siem Reap for 3 days and went back to Thailand. Not only knowledge about culture I had learn by myself, but I got friend here. Nowadays we send and share good things on our facebook’s wall. I’m glad to been friend with them. Nice know them all.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About cambodian


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.