Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

Before I even step out of the airport in Taiwan...

TAIWAN | Sunday, 9 February 2014 | Views [254]

I am having a hard time believing that I've already got a story before I even step out of the airport in Taiwan--well it's because I've been here for about 8 hours waiting to be picked up. After finally thinking there was a mistake I was able to call one of the only numbers that I know for someone in Taiwan-after, luckily, getting a sim card for my phone here. Well I start getting worried, 3, 4, 5, hours in, no one is here, no one is returning my calls or emails, and I'm really thinking what did I get into?! Only a little bit stressed, I started making a plan of what I was going to do if I never heard from anyone. Well, no need, thank goodness. After kind of stessing out a little bit-which included some tearing up-I make a phone call and hope that I am leaving a message--because I have no clue what the voice mail thing is saying or if it is even a voice mail thing. (All I could figure out was that it was repeating the phone number I called back to me in Chinese.) Yes!! Nearly instantly I got a call back, and there was a mix up between my flight itinerary and the people picking me up. Instead of being picked up at 6 AM, they thought I arrived at 6 PM. After a few more calls and trying to contact the person to pick me up, I finally have plans to pick me up. I don't think I will ever be so happy to see a bed! So, there it is, my first adventure in Taiwan, and I hadn't even stepped outside.

P.S. At the time of this writing, I was still waiting to be picked up!

About callie


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Taiwan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.