Existing Member?

My Trip

Part Way There

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 31 December 2010 | Views [359] | Comments [4]

Greetings all, I have just hopped off my AKL to SYD flight and arrived at my next gate. Getting here was interesting as there were few signposts to the transfer area and of course all were vague but I got there after walking down the most boring and neverending corridor ever. Transfer was the fun part though as I must seem highly dangerous! Me and my bag were swiped for an explosive 'something' test and then I was patted down, I was read my rights and everything, no cute dog though :-( The flight was quite boring though. I had a pasta dish for dinner and a Tip Top ice cream for dessert while watching 'Eat Pray Love'. The best part was when the passenger next to my neighbour asked he could borrow a pen, after rifling through her purse for awhile she said she couldn't find a plain pen only purple or glitter. He was so excited at the idea of writing on his customs form with a glitter pen, truly hilarious. I am currently sitting between gates 31-32 in possibly the most secluded part of Sydney Airport at a free internet kiosk (can't turn down free stuff!). I have not seen another person down here for at least ten minutes, possibly because my flight isn't for another 2 hours. Nothing else to report, so I will go write all this down again in my 'real' journal.

Comments

1

Oh no - maybe the permethrin dip contains more than mossie repellant ! Just as well we've watched all those Aussie customs shows ;-)

  Kathy Jan 1, 2011 5:57 AM

2

OMG!! You really are a C.K. like me!! We are the ultimate in being searched chickies!! Nice job on surviving, it should all be CAKE from here!!
Love Us xoxoxo

  Caroline & Aunty Sue Jan 1, 2011 9:10 AM

3

Have sent you a message via Facebook that you need to read before using the credit card. Luv, Mum

  Kathy Jan 1, 2011 11:05 AM

4

I told you to keep the bombs hidden - the aussies are just sore that they suck at sports so they are taking it out on the kiwis

  Dudley Dursley Jan 3, 2011 10:29 PM

About caitlinak


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.