Existing Member?

Cait's Travel Tales

Some Exciting News...

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 18 February 2009 | Views [600] | Comments [1]

Some Exciting News...

Well folks, here it is – Some very exciting news for you all…

 

(drum roll please...)

I officially shaved my legs for the first time this weekend just gone…  They were looking pretty awful but over here I’m never caught in anything less than two pairs of pants so I figured what the hey… ;)

 

Hahaha, well that IS true, but it’s not the exciting news I was referring to…

 

I HAVE A HOUSE!  Well a ROOM in a house with two lovely housemates and all the mod-cons a traveling girl could ever want!  I had a look at a few places this weekend with varying degrees of horridness. 

 

The first place was generally very nice with wooden floor boards and a big living room with a fancy tv and lots of those big comfy leather chairs that you can recline (giddy up!).  There were 3 people living there – oh, plus a boyfriend upstairs asleep and a friend who had crashed out on the couch.  All of these guys were lovely and we had a nice chat (including a game of “Where Did Caitlin go last night?” in which I described places we had gone and they put in their opinions of where I had been).  Then came the tour of the house, which was fabulous but for one small dilemma – my room was not in fact a room at all…  It was a teeny tiny box with a radiator and a couch…  Not a bed to be found…  Oh and no wardrobe/cupboard etc, although there was a small storage space down the hall a bit that I could use “if I had clothes”…  If I had clothes!? Pfft!  I’m traveling lightly, but not THAT lightly!!!

 

Then there was a lovely, quaint little cottage (semi-detached) with 2 tenants, a 30ish yr old Aussie architect called Hugo and a my-age-ish English girl called Rosie who is doing some kind of post-graduate studies at the University of Cambridge.  My room had a bed (wohoo!) AND a wardrobe AND a desk.  AND the house has wireless internet and a home phone and a washer and dryer and a cute, cute, cute little tree out the back (alright, let’s face it, I was sold on the tree).  My ONLY concern about this one was that I have to sign the lease til October and I intend to be out and about and exploring the world over the Summer (at least).  But after speaking to the landlady, who offered to sub-let across the Summer, I was sold…  So I have a new home, sweet home!  I’m a fifteen minute walk from the centre of Cambridge and three roads away from Abi (Head of Drama at St Neots, who has VERY KINDLY offered to drive me to/from St Neots daily).  Wohoo!  So I’m moving in on the weekend of the 27th Feb – 1st March and will then be living at number

93 Sturton Road
!  YAAAY!  Oh and for any of you that I promised a couch – We do have a couch but it’s pretty small so you’re probably better to come over & sleep in my room or in my bed if you’re fussy and want things like a quilt and a pillow… ;)

 

This Saturday night just gone was my first night out on the town.  Met up with Emily (Abi’s housemate – oh and freaky, born on the 9th June – the same date as my sister Emily – da ner ner ner, [creepy alien sounds] da ner ner ner) who cooked me a fabulous dinner before we headed out to meet up with 4 other ‘cool, young’ teachers from my school.  First stop the ‘Slug and Lettuce,’ where they do jugs of delicious cocktails.  Next, we moved onto ’B-Bar’ which is where the devillery began…  Kate you will be very impressed – we celebrated another fictional Hen’s Night!  Emily had had a rotten few weeks with a male suitor being a bit of a muppet, so she set herself the mission of taking lots of photos of herself surrounded by men for future facebooking revenge.  So we wandered up to a group of about 15 boys and asked to have a photo with them.  They immediately asked if we were on a Hen’s Night to which I replied that of course we were and over the night the stories got more and more ridiculous – I had flown over from Australia to the Maid of Honour, but then Emily said she wasn’t getting married for 6 months, so it turned out that I was staying for the six month build up – What a great friend I am… J  The next morning we woke up to find Emily’s facebook status had changed to “Emily is getting married to a man I don’t know and Caitlin is my maid of honour.”  Hahahaha…  Oh and the hilarious resulting photos included a late night photo of the ‘hot kebab man’ – Hahahaha, beer goggles indeed!  But a hilarious first night out and many more to look forward to!  Especially when I’m living nice and close.

 

Hope you’re all well and having lots of fun, running riot on weekends etc…  J

 

Love you all. xxx

Tags: cambridge, house mates, night out

Comments

1

Wow that is fantastic news! Good luck with the move this weekend. You should post up some photos of the place- im very intrigued by the tree (=
AAHH the slug and lettuce, i remember it well... there always seamed to be men taking their shirts off in the one near me!
love you honey, keep us up to date x

  Rhon Feb 27, 2009 9:06 PM

About caitlin_wills


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.