Existing Member?

Story of My Life

Life Savers

USA | Thursday, 1 May 2014 | Views [177] | Scholarship Entry

I was born an raised in a small town, nothing to do with not much to see. I lived there my whole life without a person to love or a family to care. Till the day i met a family. I still haven't forgotten this day. It all started my freshman year when I saw him in my health class and I began to experience feelings for this marvelous man. Finally senior year i coughed up the courage to make him mine. But then I had to meet his family. They scared me at first because I was never good around people. I meant them and they showed me love and compassion. They took me and made me an honorary member or their family. The man gave me love, more love than I could ever have expected growing up in a small town with nothing to do or see. His mother came to sit by my side one night when I was crying hard, his father offered to drive me home when I had to walk and it was pouring rain. His brother and I would sit and play our music together. I had the family I finally wanted, the love I was searching for all my life. At night when I would go home to my real family, I felt like a stranger, but at night, when I slept at his place, I knew i belonged in that bed at his side, or in the spare room. I knew I belonged at that dinner table every night. I knew I had somewhere to be where I was wanted and accepted. I still haven't forgotten that day. I never thought I would meet people who cared for me so much, until I met the love of my life and his amazing family. To this day I owe them my life, they dragged me from a depressed life of pain and sorrow. They took a girl who didn't fit in and found her a home. Their home. I knew I had somewhere to be everyday, and when I walked home with the love of my life, holding his hand, and someone asked me where i was going I knew I could tell them, "I'm going home."

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About busywriter


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.