Existing Member?

Around the World

treasures in moscow

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Saturday, 22 September 2007 | Views [503]

Yesterday we went to the Kremlin and I went inside the Armory with all the state weapons, coronation outfits, gold plates and silver and gem covered Bibles. It was amazing how many riches the Russian Tsars had. I saw the double throne for the boy kings with a secret room for their tutor or their mom to whisper what to do, a dozen gold carriages, a wine fountain with 4 layers of gold and silver decorations and the best, a fabrege egg with a working model of the first trans-siberian railroad inside, a gift for Catherine the great. Also tons of horse armor and other cool stuff.  We also saw the changing of the guard. They march by swinging their legs up really high and banging them down. It was really funny. I got whistled at twice for not following directions- once for sitting on a bench-like egde of a monument and once for walking outside of the ropes. They still have some Soviet things left. Today St. Basils, the craft market and to the Vodka museum.

Tags: Sightseeing

About busyliz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.