Existing Member?

Around the World

Japan- almost the end

JAPAN | Monday, 19 November 2007 | Views [666]

The first thing I noticed about Japan is that almost NO ONE speaks English. It is just as bad as China. I thought somehow it would be better. Also the technology is not very good, especially considering the cars and cell phones that are made, or at least designed, here. They don`t always take credit cards and the train systems are a little backward still. Hong Kong and Singapore were much more technically advanced. The train/subway lines are quite confusing because there are 3-4 different companies and each has its own payment system. The shopping is great if you want to shop at Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Burberry etc. but even everything in all the regular stores in Tokyo is expensive. Kyoto is a little better. You can have dinner for less than $40 a person, not at a fast food place, and the clothes are more reasonable. I wonder what a teacher makes here, more than me I`d guess. Anyway, we`ve seen some great temples, palaces and gardens in Japan. I saw my first Zen garden today and walked around in the pretty fall leaves. It is so cold compared to South East Asis though, and Costa Rica. Winter in CA will be nothing after this. I had to buy a new coat(with a fake fur collar of course as is the fashion here). The trip is winding down and I am happy and sad. It`ll be great to not be living out of a suitcase for a while and catching up with everyone. Watch for your souveniers, all from Japan as it was the last place I went:) Thanks for tuning in!

Tags: Shopping

About busyliz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.