Existing Member?

Burrellian's Travels Life is just so good, once you decide to start living it !!!

Amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Tuesday, 11 December 2007 | Views [781] | Comments [6]

I had to take at least one photo of a windmill

I had to take at least one photo of a windmill

Day 1 - Arrived feeling q little off colour, flying sometimes does that to me. Took me a while to find the Hotel & once there, a while to sort out, the easy, I thought, changes I was requesting.

Even though it was incredibly cold out & a little damp, I couldn't help myself, had to have a good look around. The city had it's Xnas lights on, of course, most streets had garlands every few meters overhead, very nice. Got fairly lost that first night walking around, but pretty much saw all of what this city was about, shopping, sex & drugs. The only thing missing from the classic line "Sex Drugs & Rock n Roll" was whqt I was reqlly their for.... Marrilion :-)

Day 2 - Had a good sleep & a really nice sleep in, so did more exploring in the dimness of what they call daylight here, the city definatly looks better at night though some of the old buildings had charm. Overall I find Amsterdam a bit seedy & dirty for my liking. Shock, horror ! too some I know that love this place, but after all the beauty I have seen & felt a part of this place just isn't doing it for me. First Marillion show tonight, can't wait ! Had q little snooze in the arvo then headed to the Paradiso for the show.

See the Marillion Stories for the show info.

Day 3 - Late to rise again, but made it to breakfast today :-) Wandered around, did some shopping & looked into cheap city tour options for tomorrow & check on trains to Brussels. Then off to Narillion sound check & meet the band around 4.00. Had enough time after that to pop back to the Hotel, drop off my freshly signed guitar, grab a bite, then head back to the venue again.

Day 4 - just made the tour before it headed out, learnt quite a bit about the history of Amsterdam, but did little to chqnge mt jaded opinon. Didn,t have time for my planned canal tour, but didn't really mind that much. Time to go to Belgium, which turned out to be quite a nice surprise....

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1


Enjoy reading your journals.What a great way to communicate.Glad all is going well for you and that you are enjoying yourself.You are certainly covering some interesting areas.
Take care,all is well at home..
Cheers John & Jenny

   john & jenny Dec 11, 2007 11:35 AM

2

Sorry about problems at Amsterdam internet, hope you enjoy the concerts and can get news to us soon. We are flying home tomorrow (wednesday).
Love Mum and Dad

  Mum and Dad Dec 11, 2007 1:42 PM

3

Heh bro. Long break between messages; nice to check again and get a couple of really good ones.

Don't stress too much - we know where Amsterdam is, and good to know you are safe and happy there :-)
Amazing weather down here; most rain and hail I've ever seen, but all is well.

  brian Dec 12, 2007 12:41 AM

4

PS. the photos are amazing.

  brian Dec 12, 2007 12:43 AM

5

It's 8am here & you'd be at the Marillion gig now. Can't wait to here all about it. Say hi to Steve Hogarth from Sarah & myself. Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics. Take it easy in Amsterdam and talk to you soon.
Steve

  Steve Mc Dec 12, 2007 8:13 AM

6

Just read what i wrote (twice)

Well, i'm half asleep !

Have fun !!

Steve

  steve Dec 12, 2007 8:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.