Existing Member?

A Woman's World

The Women who survived Boko Haram

NIGERIA | Friday, 31 July 2015 | Views [219] | Scholarship Entry

I love telling stories that can make a difference. Such a cliche yet so true. I have always known what I wanted to do with my life since I discovered broadcasting. This is because I see it as my own little way of showing the world exactly how I see it sometimes filled with beauty and at other times, covered in so much ugliness. It is not just that I love telling stories, it also has to do with the fact that I completely enjoy the whole process of production. From the overwhelming feeling a massive story idea to its actualization. I might be left physically tired after the production but always exhilarated.

In my current position as the producer of a women's program called A Woman's World on TVC News, I get to create weekly features on issues affecting women in Africa like the one I submitted. While I don't always consider myself as a filmmaker, I am hoping to change that with this opportunity as I hone in my production skills and get be mentored on how best to tell stories better.

This opportunity will broaden my horizon by exposing me to a whole new world and sharpen my knowledge of different cultures.

Most of my stories affect women and I hope to develop on this by making the films less of a news report and more of a film that can be enjoyed as well as understood. The first thing I intend to do after this trip is a follow up on the story I submitted with more happening in that part of the world there is a need for more stories about women in Africa by women in Africa.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About bunmisworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nigeria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.