Existing Member?

Elixir Of The Mad

“Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light? Or just another lost angel... City of Night

USA | Friday, 16 August 2013 | Views [1557]

“Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light? Or just another lost angel... City of Night? ”

It was sitting on a grassy knoll soaking in that majestic golden hour of Venice beach that has brought me here, listening to an evening rhythm of wandering djembes echoing their mantra through the palms. I spent my last few days on that hill, a state of delirium, a camaraderie with vagabonds, buskers, artists and the lost. In the mix of this madness I came to meet two wonderful people who influences would radically change my life. The first of which was an Israeli girl, so beautiful and passionate for life I can’t even begin to raconteur that story without getting lost in reminisce of her ebullient energy.   

 

This story here, looks upon my Second influence. They say the nights belong to the poets and the mad men. Quite like myself, he was both.  A Jewish kid, vagrant, tired and timid. Sleeping in the comfit of the morning sun and drifting the boardwalks from Venice to Santa Monica by moonlight. It was the strangest thing to talk to him, his shabby façade disguising the most incredible brain I have ever met. The more we talked the more I was drawn in. I revered his memory, photographic to a point he was able to recount word for word books glanced upon up to 5 years prior, He answered many questions that had left me confound and pieced together solutions to a number of world problems. I watched him swiftly win rounds of chess without looking upon the board, recalling the movements and positioning’s of the game through memory alone. He taught me how through a series of dissociative and psychedelic trips, one was able to re-wire their brain to harness its full potential.  As cliché as it may sound, the paranoia was all too real as he confined within me how the ‘powers that be’ were after him.  . I also took note to a sad look in his eyes as he retold his story, was it regret or just loneliness?   I wondered if a brain that powerful cannot be conditioned for the world we have created ourselves. With so much perversion from corrupt corporate governments sold to us through professional liars and totally sincere religious maniacs ones outlook is perhaps safer sheltered in the simplicity of todays consumerism/slavery cycle.
There were too many questions left unanswered for me to just accept it so here I am, one year later, Sitting back on that same grassy knoll and I have a question for you. If you could open up that door, how many of you would?

So begins a journey I am going to refer to as “Angel dust”

Over the next 60 days my travels will take me from Burning man to Amazonia. I will explore the people, their beliefs and culture surrounding this taboo subject. I want to find out if psychedelics can lead to vast understandings and expansive changes to ones life that would push them to begin changing how they live life. Most likely, the possibility that one would not be as susceptible to the control of the system after realizing these truths as Terrence McKenna clearly put it.

Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.” T. McKenna

 

I fully understand and accept the possibilities of Negative retroactions, both mentally and socially from this journey. Those that know me well do not judge nor ridicule my choices, for they understand I would rather my mind opened by wonder then closed by belief.

 

Here begins “ANGEL DUST”
Buka

 

“There are things known

and there are things unknown

and in between are the doors.”
- Jim Morrison

Tags: ayahuasca, burning man, psychedelics, shamans, spiritual retreat

About buka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.