Existing Member?

Buhoo's Adventures

Success at last!

NEPAL | Tuesday, 23 June 2009 | Views [498]

I’ve finally renewed my tourist visa! Has taken me 4 separate tries over the last week to get this done. My first attempt involved a painful let down by the almighty travel bible a.k.a. the Lonely Planet guide to Nepal, which had outdated information on the location of the Immigration office in Pokhara. My second attempt involved me taking another taxi ride to the correct location but at the wrong time! Although the immigration office was technically open when I arrived, little did I know that there was a specific visa application window from 10am to 1pm on Sundays to Thursdays. I was 30 mins too late =( My third attempt left me standing in bewilderment at what I finally thought was the right place, day and time. Me and my amazing traveling luck… I had apparently decided to renew my visa on the same day the Nepalese civil servants decided to hold a strike! ARGHhhhhh!!! Thank goodness I had planned to renew my visa with loads of spare time for unforeseeable setbacks like these. Was thus extremely happy to finally get it sorted today on my fourth and final attempt! =)

About buhoo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.