Existing Member?

Buhoo's Adventures

The adventure begins....

NEPAL | Saturday, 13 June 2009 | Views [527] | Comments [6]

It's now been 4 days since I've arrived in Nepal, of which the first 3 were spent in Kathmandu, while the 4th was spent in a 7 and a half hour bus ride to Pokhara. The trip hasn't been entirely exciting to date. Am however looking forward to 4 adrenaline pumped days ahead as part of a kayaking clinic down the Seti river.

Plans have changed quite a bit since arriving. I am no longer going for the 9 day Sunkosi white water rafting trip I was so eagerly anticipating before. My tour agent wasn’t able to secure enough customers to fill a raft for this trip. Was pretty disappointed when I heard this. Curse the dreaded monsoon! Tourists have been leaving Nepal by the throngs in anticipation of the upcoming humid/hot weather. Oh well… no point crying over spilt milk. At least I’ll get to put my new camera (now dubbed ‘the sub’) to good use with some underwater action on the Seti River =)

Kathmandu really reminds me of a smaller version of Indonesia/India. Highly populated, dusty, crammed and with never ended sounds of vehicle honks ringing in my ears. Am quite glad I’ve finally escaped from the chaos to Pokhara.

Nevertheless, chaos or no chaos, I was still happily photographing away =) Have uploaded some ‘untouched and unedited’ in the photo gallery of the blog. Mr Rosien… you’d better be a very loyal reader… you know who’s to blame for its creation! 

Comments

1

missing u much much....and sooooo jealous !!! wish we were wandering around kathmandu with you !!!have a great time and hope that plans all work out...say hello to the baby elephants at chitwan for us, K!!

  AK Jun 15, 2009 12:53 AM

2

Your loyal reader here. Keep it up!
Looking forward to your logs from in, on and under-water! happy snapping! DR.

  noplanes2 Jun 15, 2009 9:02 AM

3

see, so loyal I am reading it twice. So what happens after the beginning of the adventure?? No underwater blogging I guess?

  noplanes2 Jun 17, 2009 12:42 AM

4

aaaaaaaa... so envious!!!
keep posting buhoo...

  zaky Jun 18, 2009 5:45 AM

5

Love the photo captions! :D
Enjoy and stay safe!!

  chow chow Jun 19, 2009 12:21 AM

6

You rock HL!! Keep us updated on your adventures!

  Jes Min Jun 19, 2009 1:26 AM

About buhoo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.