Existing Member?

bucko's race for a cure 2 weeks cycling and trekking through Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam for Cure Cancer Australia

Siem (not very grim at all) Reap(er), Cambodia

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 9 November 2010 | Views [272]

Local time 12.30am. Have been awake since 5.15am. Can't remember why we had to get up so damn early. Rode 80km today, a good deal of it on dirt, rocky and potholled roads in max 32 degrees heat. Came second in the first 8km dash (after a 20km warm up) and then finished first in the second 8km dash (ater having ridden 70km). Rounded out the day with 1.5 litres of gatorade, a beer, a mohito, a great dinner and a 30 minute fish spa/massage (you dangle your feet in a tank of special fish that take great delight in nibbling off the dead skin) and then more shopping. Rode home tonight in the Batman Luxury Batmobile tuk tuk - a lesser imitation of last night's model in my humble opinion. A sleep in orrow until 6.20m before flying out to the jungles of northern Thailand.

After 2 days, have way too many souveniers already. Depletion of cash reserves has prompted speculation in the financial press that I may replace Greece as the G in PIIGS.

Will try to upload photos when I work out how. The mouse I am currently using in the hotel lobby has multicoloured flashing lights in it, which is incredibly annoying and discouraging any efforts at the computer this evening. Dell, what were you thinking? Mouse is in the danger of being hurled through the front window of the hotel onto the street outside, where one of the Batmobiles can crush it without remorse.

About bucko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.