Existing Member?

Our Trip!

Munich - Day Two

GERMANY | Friday, 10 August 2012 | Views [470]

Today we had an 'All-you-can-eat' Brekkie at our Hostel 'Wombats the City Hostel'. It offered a lot of food, and was very cheap.

We set out to Englishcer Garten for the day, we got a bit lost at the start, but while we were temporarily  lost we found this cute German pub and shouted ourselves a drink :)

The Garten - which is a massive park -  was certainly worth all the trouble :) It was amazing. There's a part called the 'Surfers Wave', and part of the river has been turned into beach waves and people take turns having a go against them. Pretty amusing to watch.

The rest was great, there were two Beer Gardens in the park, we chose the Chinese Tower Beer Garden, and we were not disappointed! For less than 20 euros we got some beer, x2 bratwursts and x2 chips :) and generous servings! We were also lucky enough to get a show from the band, some cute old men in lederhosin - was fantastic :)

We also found some great tourist sites on our way there and back :) These beautiful churches, and another park with lovely fountains and rose gardens.

To finish off the day we did some grocery shopping for our bus trip tomorrow, used our free drinks tickets at the Hostel bar, and treated ourselves to a Turkish Kebab.

Gotta say, I love Munich! I would definitely recommend 'Wombats City Hostel' The service was great, affordable, in an excellent location and very clean :)

Next stop, Venice :)

Tags: bars, food, sightseeing

About brigetteb


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.