Existing Member?

Lucha Libre: Down The Line

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [286] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I am drawn to the spectacle of lucha libre; the bravado and the pageantry. The intersection where culture and pop culture meet is where I usually find myself hanging out, asking a lot of questions. When I found out there was a lucha libre scene in my hometown I had to find out what it was all about. I was surprised to discover it wasn’t just shiny spandex and body slams! Since film school I’ve had a variety of paid and non-paid gigs on sets and on my own projects. The ones that were most fun for me were hiking through Sedona, AZ to film for an online coaching company and making short docs for a pro running team. I feel like I'm finding my voice and niche with short docs. In August I won the Coco Latino video contest. It was an encouraging boost. My goal is to be a thriving filmmaker producing work that I care about on topics not often heard. To make that happen I would love some guidance. Having a mentor to learn from is the opportunity I am looking for and one that I would make the most of. I want to be a working filmmaker so I can focus on what I love to do most: explore and tell stories. This scholarship would be that boon that propels me to the next step. Thanks for watching!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Great video! Good luck

  Ian Oct 18, 2012 2:04 PM

About bri


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.