Existing Member?

Live and let travel

The lions home

BRAZIL | Saturday, 12 April 2014 | Views [225] | Scholarship Entry

More than pictures, I brought a really weird scar from my travel to South Africa. In 2012, I joined a volunteer work at Lion Park, a space dedicated to lions' preservation in Johannesburg. It is a mix of zoo and ecological park. So, when I was there I used have to help clean the lions cages and guide the tourists. Well, one day I was taking care "teenagers" lions when the park guards started removing some older lions from the cage to the camp (where people can visit by car, it is like a safari). As there were many people around, the lions got nervous and while the guards were carrying two of them, one other lion bit my belly. At first moment, I got shocked, but I quickly realized the situation and I slapped softly the lion on the snout and I said "bad little cat, go to your bed now". Surprisingly, the lion did that. And even the bite was hurting it was totally funny to see that the lion was recognizing me and it was obeying me. So, today, while most of my friends have scars from bicycles accidents when they were children, I brag myself showing my lion scar.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About breathtakingworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.