Existing Member?

My World All Around

OSLO SAGA 1

GHANA | Saturday, 3 May 2014 | Views [465] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

My educational aspirations have taken me to the length and breath of an academic opportunity and discovery. As I goggled for international scholarships one day, I came across Norway. A country I had very little knowledge about. UniversIty of Oslo.The Centre for Ibsen Studies. Wow!. I know Ibsen, I read two of his dramas at the School of Performing Arts, the University of Ghana. Then I became curious. "THE QUOTA SCHEME". Curiosity they say kills the cat, but in my case it was the beginning of my dream to explore the world. I checked the course outline and content, looked at the requirements and bingo. I was for it. For a couple of months, I read everything on every single page of the website. I examined the requirements and it was marvellous. I began accumulating all the vital documents that were required for the application and waited patiently for the application day. 1 October 2010, at 9 am Ghanaian time, I rushed to the internet cafe to check and apply for school in Norway. For the next couple of days, I sat behind the computer for every single detail on the application. My sense of optimism did not deter me. I began packing for school while no admission has been received. Was it fate or luck, I got the admission and processed my particulars. Wow my first ever moment in the air. I was like I was already in space. Lo and behold my seat was that which is the window. Eight hours of flight and I would not take a nap. With a mixed feeling of fear and excitement, I peeped through the window every moment. Giggled and smiled all the time. Day dreaming of myself in my mind's eye. I was asking, has it began already. My adventure! then A TRANSIT?. Thought I had reached my journey's end, but no, it was interesting, following others to another gate to board for my new dream land. OSLO. This time sleep did visit me and at a tap on my shoulders, here I find myself in Oslo, Norway. The feeling was different, going for my luggage and checking out. Then. A SPEED TRAIN. "I saw that in a movie only", now I am gonna travel in it. All the way to Jernbanetorget. What language is this? Norsk? Wow! Got to learn this then. To my school and my student hostel, dragging my luggage behind me. AN ELEVATOR? I prayed I am not dreaming? That was my thought. Then in my room, nice place with a bed, lamp, table and shelve and a nice view from the window,  tired and exhausted. I sat on the bed, felt its softness. I lied on it. The time it 3am. I woke up and asked "How did I end up here?". 

Comments

1

I was in your shoes as well. It was like a dream for me. Kringsjå was a home from home.

  Isaac Rockson May 3, 2014 2:26 AM

About breakthrough


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.