Existing Member?

New Terrain

Norge Life

NORWAY | Monday, 23 November 2015 | Views [404]

November 22nd 2015

 

 

Sorry it’s been a while ya’ll! It’s been a really wild last 2 weeks full of hiking, free tours good food, snow, swimming and so much more!

 

Last week was a big week for my photography. I made it on the cover of Outpost Magazine Canada as well as made the daily top twelve on National Geographic. This helped get my second viral photograph and I’m stoked to be able to share the beauty of the northern lights and God’s handy work in the sky! Along with that, we spent our days in lectures learning about the prophetic, playing games and hearing stories of how God has spoken through different people to predict the future and help uplift people.  It was really neat letting God speak through us and seeing how with enough faith God can use our mouths to predict and tell people about part of their own lives. Personally I didn’t have any crazy experiences, but some of the people here in the dts came out with many of the same predictions and prophecies.

 

Last weekend we enjoyed the rainy weather and started white girling it. I spent time in coffee shops with friends and started wandering around malls to finally get out of the house after a long week of lectures. It was really pleasant and I enjoyed a hot chocolate buffet, where you get a cup of hot chocolate and get unlimited chocolates and candies to top your cup off with!  On Sunday I was really blessed to be able to join 62 Degrees North, a large tour company in Norway, on a trip to GeirangerFjord and back. It was a perfect day with blue skies and just perfect sweater weather. The views were amazing and it was ideal to take photos because the trip there I had the entire boat to myself, a private tour of the Fjord. It was really amazing being able to see the fjords from a sea level view, I saw cute little villages, sailors on old boats and even an Apricot farm that was located between the bottom of a cliff and the fjord, accessible only by boat and being only a few hundred square feet in size! The tour itself lasted around 6 hours and came back to Aalesund right at sunset. It was perfect and I really enjoyed spending time with the crew and learning about their past from the bit of English I could get out of them.

 

The next week was just incredible, it was a creative week and we were given an open photo assignment where we had to go out and make our own photo stories with our own connections. This is actually what drove me to make the connection with 62 Degrees North to Geiranger.

The week was super chill, we got to relax and think about our assignments very deliberately and try to make the most insane connections possible. So for most of the week while I was waiting for emails back I got to kick back a bit and hike and relax! On Tuesday on one of my hikes I landed on a bit of a hidden gem that finished off what my photo story was going to be about. Right now I’m trying to keep it a bit of a secret, just till I present my photo story, but after I will post photos from it on my social medias!

The rest of the week was mostly spent relaxing and editing since my photo story was done, But since I had made a connection with the Aquarium, Caleb and I went and Got ourselves a private tour on Friday. It was really neat actually, we saw what goes into keeping an aquarium running and we learned where they got all the fish and what happens to all the fish once they die. It was also really neat because Aalesund has one of the most down to earth aquariums in the world, with all the water being naturally fed from the ocean into the tanks and almost all the fish being caught off the shore of Norway by their own scuba divers. It was quite a fun day, but what made it all the better was… Snow!

 

We got snow on Friday and it has stayed till today! So we have made the absolute most of it! We had snowball fights and went sledding. We snowboarded and went swimming, we went hiking and drank fresh hot chocolate in the oldest house in Alesund, and just all round had one of the greatest weekends to date!

 

Sorry it’s been short, but I really have to catch on some sleep, so I’ll do my best to keep my regular posts up!

 

Cheers ya’ll!

 

 

 

About brandonborn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.