Existing Member?

New Terrain

Lecture week

NORWAY | Monday, 26 October 2015 | Views [332]

October 25th 2015   End of Lecture Week

 

 

 

Man what a week. Our speaker, Mary Jean, a lady from Colorado who has been teaching at bible schools for 40 years came by to teach us about finding Holy Spirit in the Bible. We heard crazy stories about different things she did around the world, and different events that happen around the world and it really gave us all quite the perspective on how fortunate we are. It was shocking to hear about how they use pieces of plastic with scripture written on it to share the Word with people in North Korea. Or how in China the fact that for every 400 Christians there’s only 1 bible for them to use. How many people will never get to read or even see a bible is just insane when you think about how we have all have several sitting in our homes that haven’t been opened in years. It’s saddening but also very hopeful because the rate of growth for Christianity in Asia is skyrocketing!

 

This week we also found out where we would be spending two months next year on outreach. My group, some people I never expected, were given South America. A place a I never expected, but am super stoked about, plus the people I’m going with are just awesome. Honestly I wish I could just pack up and leave already, get on the plane and go to South America and see new places and meet new people! We don’t know the country that we will be going to yet, but personally right now I really hope it’ll be a country on the west coast or down south, Chile, Argentina or maybe Peru. Where ever we end up though, I’ll be super thrilled to be seeing a new continent and to be helping spread God’s kingdom.

 

In terms of application of what I learned this week, I definitely found out that I need some structure in my mornings. A list of items that I will follow and do every morning to learn about what god wants to show me. Things like listen to the bible through audio recording, followed by reading the same piece of scripture and praying. Just simple things that I haven’t been diligent enough to do yet when I wake up. I really think I’ll learn a lot quicker by doing these things. Find more revelation and truth than I have ever before in my life. I know already just from being here I’ve learned a lot. Ways to share my testimony, to talk about and share the Word with people on the streets, as well as to study the bible in new unique ways. One of the ways that I really enjoy is to reflect on each chapter I read with a short excerpt in my journal about what I think God may be telling me. Some of the things that I write down quite surprise me, but I’m going to keep trying and see where it leads me.

 

In conclusion, this week was really beneficial for me. I learned a ton and had to stay a bit more focused because it rained for the majority of it. Forcing me to stay inside and study or write down my feeling. We still had a few cool adventure, fires by the ocean, working for free cake/coffee, and showing new folks around the city of Aalesund. Safe to say there hasn’t been a dull week in in Norway yet!

About brandonborn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.