Existing Member?

Very Weird And Eccentric

An Australian Journalist In London

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [257] | Scholarship Entry

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a film maker. Stories have always been at the heart of what I love, from being a child drawing pictures and writing story ideas, my powerful imagination works best when in the visual medium. In my life, I have always sought out new challenges and experiences, from doing conservation work in the scenic landscapes of Iceland, playing in bands and recording music with friends over summers growing up, working as a door to door salesman, training in Wing Chun and fighting in a White Collar Boxing match, and now have recently got some experience as a camera operator on an amateur documentary, as well as assisting on numerous independent short films with friends. More than anything I would love to pursue my dream of working within the creative industries professionally, pursuing my interest in people and crafting emotionally charged narratives that are compelling and close to my heart. I really like to go after all life has to offer and really immerse myself in new challenges and experiences, never sitting still, honing my confidence in my unique vision and talents and pushing myself past what I thought was possible. The opportunity to go to Columbia would be an unforgettable experience, one that I would throw myself into and immerse myself in every moment, to meet new people and learn from Brian Rapsey would be the breakthrough that could really set myself on what would only be the beginning of an even bigger adventure.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About bradleyshemmell


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.