Existing Member?

TRAVELLING IS FREEDOM

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 17 April 2012 | Views [465] | Scholarship Entry

Batu Karas was my sweet escape in 2012. Sunset, sunrise, sea waves, and smell the ocean that can make you suddenly forgotten all the hectic life’s in big city, it’s not just only relaxed your body, nor your mind, but a whole of your life.

Try to stay in motel that cheaper more than hotel, so you can saved much money for explore local meals, rent a surf board, and try other water activities or you can treat peoples you meet as a greet and make a friends.

The local peoples are very attractive and friendly, they come with pleasure to show you some information that you need or just accompany along you stay. You need them if you want explore that place and find the difference of life that make you forgotten your common life for a while along stay there.

I can’t surfing but I do enjoyed the surfer life, I’m joined them, just seat watching the surfer riding the wave and learn the basic stage to become a surfer from them. In the morning you can find the sunrise and enjoyed the local breakfast in a shore like bala-bala, indomie rebus cengek, teh manis hangat. In afternoon time you can have a lunch with seafood local taste, and explore untouched places in hills that you can see the ocean and hear the sound of waves that hit the rocks from above, that was fantastic. You also can ask local people to take you from the sea to the cave and river, you can do body rafting and jump from a high to the river in a mouth of caves, just try it because your scream released stress. In the night you can join the party that local peoples made (mostly youth), don’t ever imagine party like in your home or club, it’s a beach local party, sing along reggae music with acoustic guitar, drink some alcohol or non alcohol, laughing, sharing the story, etc. I can’t describe it well because it’s too wonderful that you must try by yourself.

Batu Karas was my sweet escape that I never forget in my life. 'TRAVELLING IS FREEDOM' once again get the meaning in there

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About boscky


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.