Existing Member?

Me Voy Por Ahi Que cooomo?!

Patong is super tacky! But the islands are fantastic.

THAILAND | Friday, 24 December 2010 | Views [448] | Comments [2]

I'm afraid I picked up the wrong brochure.  What the heck.  I couldn't have chosen a more jarring awakening from the slumber of the Himalayas mountains if I had tried.  I almost took a plane back (anywhere) when I arrived here at midnight and saw the neon signs for massages, drinks, cheap everything.  But after a good night sleep, and booking several visits to nearby islands (which is the real reason I'm here), I got in a very good mood of exploring this bizarre city and even got a foot massage last night (for $7USD).  And it was nice to have a western salad after so much rice, vegetables, and chicken in sauce.  Imagine if the tackiest areas of Atlantic City and Cancun had a baby, throw in the sweet smell of duck sauce, and a few buildings with Thai architecture...that's the city of Patong in the island of Phuket. It's insane.  But take a 1 hr drive to James Bond island, and you're in paradise.  Huge mountains coming out of the water, a floating market, caves with prehistoric drawings and a giant gold bhuda.  It's gorgeous.

Comments

1

Boricua Perdida:
Qué cool, hayá ya es viernes y yo estoy aquí, el jueves por la noche escribiéndote. Está haciendo un frío pelú, pero no me quitó de ponerme mi traje sexy para la fiesta de los igualitos de la UHS que tuve anoche.
Suena espectacular. Especialmente, la parte de Buthan. Estoy loca por ver las fotos.
Feliz Navidad mañana, no sé si pueda escribirte. TQM, Carmen

  Carmen Dec 24, 2010 2:16 PM

2

We sent you a few text messages yesterday. Merry Christmas!!!!! Love you and miss you.

  Sandoe Family Dec 26, 2010 11:27 AM

About boricuaperdida


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.