Existing Member?

A full glass of Paris is like a bourbon & coke

French museums are for someone's fancy

FRANCE | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [136] | Scholarship Entry

It was a recurring theme that I kept on noticing and not by choice. It's like a bad car wreck where cattle is involved on the interstate back home. You can't look away, because the police are trying to act like cowboys rounding up everything. Seeing livestock traveling on the highway back home is a normal thing along with farm equipment and those crazy semi truck drivers.
What I kept watching through my wannabe virgin essence eyes were the frequent manly parts of handsomely statue warriors or gods placed all around my beloved city, Paris.
This first time I got off the metro near the Arc d'Triomphe of course there were giant statues of these very detailed and accurate portrayals (based off from that I have seen) of men and their endowed parts. It's like showing off your manhood, your Johnson or whatever you want to call it is a symbol of how powerful you are.
I believe this theory is somewhat true. My Paris roommate at the time told me "the size of the penis on a statue represents how 'godly' or immortal they are." Well in America, especially where I come from, Kentucky there are other ways to represent your Johnson.
Of course there is the popular size of your foot theory, which correlates with how big some guy's penis is. Or another theory is how big of a truck you drive. Heck, there are even steel balls that these country boys hang from their hitch of their truck. Anyways, I think in every culture there is a way of public expression where one can express their penis power.
Paris the city of love, the city where Carrie Bradshaw from Sex in the City went to fall in-love, is the city that can get you in the mood for well a man. If you are in desperate need to feel the touch of a man, another wonderful place to visit while in Paris is the Louvre Museum.

Everywhere I turned, I could not take my eyes off of these painted detailed portrays of these manly parts. Why yes that is the Mona Lisa, and I can finally understand why she has that smirky smile on all the time. She would say something like "I know what all of you crazy tourists have been looking at all day, and I'm not judging you."
Just the idea of showing off the body man or female is a concept of Paris culture that I was not used to seeing in Kentucky. Of course it's a shock, just like that cattle car wreck you see for the first time. But once you've seen one, the next one is not so amusing.
It's just another day living the Parisian life the American way. Au revoir Kentucky and bonjour Paris.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About bonjourbombshell


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.