Existing Member?

Bob & Claire's Travels

Pupu Springs

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 22 November 2012 | Views [242]

 

We had a wonderful day of touring twitch Rosie yesterday up to Pupu Springs at the top of the South (island).  Our friend Rosie said she wanted to drive and we understood why after only a short time. The hill we went up and over took about an hour of strenuous driving--hard on the arms and shoulders as it wound back and forth upward.  

That covered Takata, Upper Takata and east Takata, and it led to views of snow covered mountains as well as the Golden Beach area.  Once down to a lower elevation again we found Tata beach and enjoyed walking along looking at the small camps  and cabins mixed among the larger expensive homes.  again a new bunch of plants and flowers and trees.  On the way home we stopped at two roadside stands for a bag of fresh cherries and a bag of just picked green kiwi fruits.  

The kiwis went for $2. for about 18 or so. We also stopped at the Jester Cafe, a very rural gift to the world where we fed "tame" eels.  about fourteen swam up to us to get a feeding of mince.  several were a yard long, many only two feet.  after my roily stomach settled a bit I was able to reach out and stroke them as Rosie likes to do...

A long day with many adventures.More soon, and Happy Thanksgiving all you all,

Claire

 

 

 

About bob-claire


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.