Existing Member?

∞ ≠ ø

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry Mexico

MEXICO | Friday, 10 June 2011 | Views [419] | Scholarship Entry

Greetings, I am a student at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, in the career of visual communication, I'm involved in a organization that is  starting and experimenting with the creation and dissemination of video documentaries with the method of "Participatory Video", in order to locate , study and solve environmental problems in vulnerable areas with the intention of  generating community action for sustainable development. (http://www.puntociego.org/) With this opportunity I could be filled with experience and knowledge as documentary filmmaker and also as a human being.

A scholarship like this could help me to learn and understand many documentary video techniques in order to implement  on these enviromental documentary  projects in  short term, I think that they can operate and be gradually reflected in the environmental and social community activities.


I am very inspired because I feel that in an era where communication and the dissemination of images and videos is a little easier to access, I think it's worth the work to find solutions to the looming environmental problems we are experiencing and will continue to live, the actions that can be generated through community participatory video documentary, could help a lot in social cohesion between individuals, collectively and with their environment.

The edited videos are all with camera tripod no more than a branch or rock, all captured in different parts from different parts of my incredibly diverse people and resources mistreated by the disadvantages of the third world in our country and in many others,also because of our ignorance as human beings.
Cheers, and thank you for the opportunitty of realizing a dream of any photographer / documentarian and go to learn from the best somewhere in the world, where most people live each day looking for peace with faith in what they believe and they survive, like everywhere else.
 

pd. I think the images express all that words cant, and in this video i tried to  show these little clips, to be contemplated and interpreted by its own natural perfection.

Jorge :)

Tags: #2011video, faith, life, local encounters, mexico, nature, people, travel documentary scholarship 2011

About blindspot


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.