Existing Member?

Wanderlust Going forth into the big, wide world and setting it on fire.

The Lost Week: Exit Stage Left

THAILAND | Thursday, 10 June 2010 | Views [267]

I admit it, I bailed a couple days early. With me only having a couple days left on my volunteer stint and having wrapped up the projects I was working on, I decided to make a hasty exit stage left late Thursday afternoon.  After saying goodbye to the Mirror staff, I hitched a ride with Thellie, the program coordinator, and the outdoor team, who just so happened to be cutting out early.


After I dropped off my stuff at my home away from home, Baan Rub Aroon, I made my way to the yellow tables to hang out with the team one last time.   I played agony aunt to Andy's heartbreak woes and relationship trysts, listened to Chris' stories about soggy biscuits (it's a horrible thing posh british boys do because they have too much money and time on their hands - trust me, you really don't want to know), watched Calina make moony eyes at Chris and listened to all the Mirror gossip.  All over cheap beers and cheap food.  It was a good time had by all and the perfect send off.

I'm honestly going to miss working with my outdoor team.  They truly were a great bunch of kids.   Of course, I'm not sure how much I will be able to miss them...Andy insists that I'm officially is agony aunt and he's going to contact me whenever he has a relationship dilemna (which, from the sounds of it, is often), Calina may be traveling with me in a couple weeks, and Chris may be tagging on a few weeks after that...at least, that is what Calina is hoping for.  So, there you go...I went from having zero children to three 18-19 year olds in a matter of weeks.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.