Existing Member?

Grove on tour- last man standing

Hello from India

INDIA | Tuesday, 12 June 2007 | Views [509]

Quick quiz… with a 20hour journey the next day do you

A) get an early night to ensure a hassle free day travelling with a fresh mind, or
B) go to a drum n’ bass allnighter in Sydney and hope to maintain enough faculties not to lose passport and miss connections???

I opted for B!

Fortunately I got to Chennai without any hassles at all, I can safely say that, based on my experience, Indian airports are incredibly efficient. It took me just 50minutes to get from the plane at the International airport, through customs, immigration and baggage reclaim (inc oversize for my surfboard), transfer to the domestic airport (about 15minutes free bus ride away), check in and go through baggage security there then board my flight to Chennai. Sweeet!!!

The small domestic plane was even playing the Sneaker Pimps when I boarded!

Unfortunately that was where my smooth journey became less smooth… the guy Im staying with wasn’t there to meet me and did not answer his phone. I was “forced” to shell out for a luxury hotel complete with spa bath, double bed and an incredible breakfast! Gutted!!!

After an ammmazing nights sleep and my first bath since a Japanese Onsen 4months ago I had a phone call from Ben who had got the wrong day and was out on the piss all night! Im waiting for his driver (yes, you read correctly) to come over and collect me now so will let you know my thoughts on Chennai soon!

Tags: On the Road

About bjw_uk


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.