Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Singapore Sling

SINGAPORE | Wednesday, 19 September 2007 | Views [437] | Comments [2]

We arrived in Singapore at 2300 last night after a manic day of travelling from the Perhentian Islands. Decided that there was no way that we were gonna take the train again back to Kuala Lumpur so flew from Khota Bharu airport and then had a four hour wait for our onward flight onto Singapore. Highlight of the time spent waiting must of been following a well dressed Singapore bloke to the escalators as he promptly did a bizarre little dance and let off the loudest fart imaginable at the same time. Absolutely hilarious! We couldn't look at each other for about 5 mins and both had tears streaming down our faces. We got some very strange looks from everyone else in the vicinity who hadn't realised what had happened. Got pulled by customs or police as we were leaving Singapore airport, and had our bags taken off us and x-rayed but luckily they didnt start ripping the bags apart, and let us go. (not that we had anything dodgy in them!)

Stayed in a little hotel in Singapore last night and moved onto a youth hostel today which is really cool. Decided to stay tomorrow night as well cos they have a cheap airport transfer minibus and we have to be at airport at about 6am to check in for our flight to Perth. Ouch! Got free internet which makes a change.

Been shopping in Singapore this afternoon for an outfit to wear to Raffles where we are planning on having a Singapore Sling tonight. One of those things you have to do if you are in Singaore! Going to do the night safari at Singapore zoo tomorrow night. 

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

vist the harbour and a meal on one of the boats you wont know what your eating but will taste good also try and go to the orchid gardens they a very good to.
have a great time say hello to nikki for me when you meet up paul d xx

  paul davis Sep 20, 2007 5:17 AM

2

Hi Dora the explorer.
sounds like your having a great time, hope ya doing us brits proud with ya union jack pants on he he he!!!
keep safe.
joe and the gang.
x

  joe heffa Sep 24, 2007 1:37 AM

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.