Existing Member?

Tripping with Chav and Lou

Glacier Girls!

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 30 October 2007 | Views [530]

Had a great time with Lous rellies and her dads cousin took us bush walking and then to a really nice pub overlooking the beach. We stayed the night with them and left for Wellington early the next morning. Had just enough time to look around the Wellington museum before catching the ferry across to Picton in the South Island. The ferry trip was awful-really rough seas, and the journey took and extra hour as the captain changed course to try to avoid a heavy swell. We were very glad to get off at the other end! Our plan of action for the South Island changed as we were disembarking when a friend we met in OZ on our Great Ocean Rd trip phoned to see if we wanted to meet up with her in Nelson. We tanked it there to get to Nelson before it got dark, and had a nice evening with her in an irish pub and then stayed the night at her house. Our campervan is bloody freezing at night so we take up any offers of accomodation going!

Covered nearly 500km on Sunday to get to Franz Josef where we did a really cool glacier walk and climb on Monday. Looked very classy wearing crampons!

We are now in Queenstown and are going to stay here for a few days and chill out. Have booked into a hostel for a few nights decent sleep and are meeting up with one of Lous mates from Harpenden tonight so no doubt things will get a bit messy!!!

Tags: The Great Outdoors

About bixxie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.