Existing Member?

The Hidden Jem

The Hidden Jem

CANADA | Friday, 22 May 2015 | Views [194] | Scholarship Entry

You start by leaving the hi way just after hinton alberta, follow that down a few km on a paved road you will pass a town called robb. There will be a sharp turn( slow down to 20km/h is not a warning for that one ) You then continue down the gravel road as it twists and turns with lots of rolling hills, You can see the mountains in the distance but the area around you is a mass field of flowers creeks and grassland. Keeping following the road until you stumble upon an intersection take a right or was it a left. No to the right, go down that path about 2 km there will be a camp site. The camp site isnt really aything special, but you are close to your destination. Head straight, at this point you will be heading to cadomin alberta. This is where it really gets interesting the road to your destination is just wide enough for a pick up and it is a 10 foot drop down to a river on one side a a jagged rock face on the other. you will pass many sighs telling you that the road may be closed due to blasting or the road has been washed out. Finally you arrive at the base of a steep hill, put the truck in 4x4 and hope the shail rocks hold as the guard rails are non existent. Ahh the top of the hill a jaw dropping view of the cardenal divide in front of you and a birds eye view of cadomin and its mining operations just to the right. Where to from here well you can go back down the same terrible pathway, or simpily drive down the road towards cadomin.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About bing-er


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.