Existing Member?

My World a test run

Inside the World of a Nomad

USA | Thursday, 27 November 2008 | Views [352]

Inside My World

I am beginning this blog in preparation for another journey.  I have been in the states for four years now (almost to the day) and I am quite certain I shall be shipping off again soon.  My heart beckons me abroad, yet, before I depart, I feel it will be valuable to explore my inner world.

Why Go?

Because I want to.  Because I feel an natural, intuitive pull to put myself out there.  Because traveling facilitates my primary goal in life, to work on myself: towards a greater sense of freedom, compassion and awareness.  That's all I'm doing-working on myself.  It's just that traveling offers an experience to do that which is not impossible, but very difficult to accomplish from the comfort, familiarity and drama of my home life.  I step outside the country in order to step outside of myself.  From the outside, I get to look in, I gain perspective; perspective provides consciousness which allows me to live more fully.  Listen, all I want out of life - I mean ALL I want - is to feel and share happiness and love.  I just get confused, unclear, on what that life looks like: traveling defogs my lense.  I see more clearly, I love more fully, I act more compassionately, I live more humbly.

About Travel

It's like this: those moments, those glimpses, the microseconds of experience that have felt most real, lucid and amazing to me have involved nothing more than a sense of stillness from which I see things.  The best way I can describe that void from which things seems clear is that it is the absence of my own mental structures.  It is the ability to see things through unconditioned eyes.  To look at something, some moment, some being without the imposition of judgement, analysis or familiarity.

Tags: billyp

About billyp


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.