Existing Member?

Free as a bird

Catching a Moment - Spread your little wings

GREECE | Thursday, 4 April 2013 | Views [310] | Scholarship Entry

I don't know if I was sleeping, but for sure I was dreaming. There is some song from Queen in my head "Spread your little wings and fly away, fly away far away..." My dreams are always about traveling somewhere,alone and discovering different places on earth.
Well that happend... I didn't have much money, I didn't know where I want to go, but my wish to travel somewhere alone was too strong.
One day my friend called me to say the she won plane ticket for Athens,but she can't go and I was first person on her mind to give me that ticket. In the moment I was suprised and happy, but than I start thinking "I need money", than fears "Ouh, It's dangerous to travel alone" and so on. My dream bet my fear.
I found place to stay for five days on Couch Surfing, and some man hosted me. That place,where he hosted me was boat. That boat maked my trip more dangerous ,but also more exiciting. I cathced a moment that sometimes is good to take risk.
I was walking on Athens streets, like I am living there all life. I was walking on Athens streets like they are created just for me. And they were, because I was feeling like that.
I catched a moment while I was walking and feeling like my home is not country where i was born,feeling like every place on this earth could me my home. I catched a moment while I was dancing in the club, and noticed that everyone is dancing, smiling, kissing in the same language. I catched a moment at Dionis theater while I was standing there and feeling that maybe in a past life I was acting there like I am acting now in Belgrade Theater. I catched a moment to just be there, to feel Greek music, to be one with that music. To be one with Greed food. To enjoy walking down the streets and places I never been before.
I catched a moments when I spread my wings and flew away...

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About biljanas


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.