Existing Member?

Unseen Colombia

La Hasil

PAKISTAN | Monday, 31 August 2015 | Views [382] | Scholarship Entry

I am Bilal Ahmed, having life experience of 23 years and have done Masters in Electrical Engineering from LUMS, Lahore, Pakistan, ended in June 2015. I grew up seeing pictures around me as my uncle used to have a lot of cameras and lenses and was very good self taught photographer. In may 2013, I and my friend made a video for 60 second film festival on a camcorder. The title of the film was “Aman ko vote dou" under the category Democracy. We won that competition and as a prize we got a dslr. As my undergraduate degree ended I got admission for masters in LUMS Lahore. LUMS gave me great exposure and opportunity to meet new people. I got into media arts society at LUMS. The society promotes video making in LUMS. I got a chance to be part of different videos being made in LUMS, the most important of which is the society’s flagship film 2014 “La Hasil”. It is an adoption of O. Henry's “The Cop and the Anthem”. I am cinematographer for the movie. After the successive initiation of flagship film within the society and my hard work, i got to Direct the society’s next flagship film 2015 named as “Khat e falak”. This scholarship will help me reach a bigger audience and will help me grow forward in film production, as well as i get to travel and shoot at the same time and experience the new culture. I will make sure that all the assigned duties are being taken care of on time. I am very really looking forward to this opportunity and hoping to get back a positive response.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About bilalahmed


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.