Existing Member?



COLOMBIA | Tuesday, 6 December 2005 | Views [2287]

Found this little fellow hanging upside-down in the bathroom. Persuaded Kelly to come to take a look and to tell me what it was. "Aiiiieeeee Largatija...." she squealed. I got out of the bathroom pretty quick, thinking by her reaction that it must be some sort of Gila monster. When I finally got the story translated it went as follows; one of these little fellows was scrambling across the kitchen ceiling of an unspecified Colombian family. Overcome by the heat it dropped into the cooking pot. Apparently while it doesn't bite there is some sort of toxin in it. The family unwittingly ate the soup. The children died and the adults spent four days hallucinating violently.
Phew. Luckily for the Largatija they never heard of it's exsistence in the West Midlands in the 60s and 70s, there would have be armies of Roy Wood/Ozzy Osbourne/Robert Plant look-alikes combing the shrubbery and boiling up these little chaps by the tub full.

Tags: Misadventures

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.

About bigfish

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries


My trip journals

See all my tags 



Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.