Existing Member?

Touching the Untouched

Leh Ladakh

INDIA | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [179] | Scholarship Entry

Sheer vision of travelling and planning a trip to Ladakh is so eye pleasing that one could just sleep walk into the land but do not dare to do so, spine chilling weather greets you with a phrase 'JULEY'(Greetings in Ladakhi language).

India's untouched paradise is where a bunch of 10 friends hit last summer and came with rich, divine and profound experiences of humanity and survival. That's for you guys - LEH LADAKH.

We decided to drive our Royal Enfield bikes all the way to the mountain top and it really tested out perseverance and patience. Journey on road was the one we craved for than the actual location. We rode our bullets facing breakdowns, helping people on our way and there you realize walking together means a world to folks.

We finally reached the city to quite a pleasant and serene environment. There was a huge crowd gathering in the middle of the streets, we did not pay much heed and were busy clicking snaps of nature. It was that time we heard, "Excuse me children, please pave the way". We stood there transfixed looking at a bald septuagenarian who was so calm and charming that we could not take our eyes of him. It was after 2 long minutes he crossed our paths we realized that he was the great and legendary Monk Mr. Dalai Lama.

Wow, positive energy just radiated from his body language. We instantly felt our bike ride was successful and all the laziness were transformed into working energy.

In our journey to the land, survival was pretty arduous in terms of climate changes as well as in comestible items. It was amusing recalling how we prepared our own eatables and our mom scolds us for not doing the same at home. They say 'Purpose is the biggest motivator' and it is not a fluke one.

The pictures which we used to google for our wallpapers filled our camera devices and eye lenses. Nubra Valley is rightly called Majestic nature because you cannot expect a Snow clad mountain, Desert sands at its foothills, River Water running beside it and a grass top land in one single frame. Yes it is real.

I wonder if i could have stayed there for more time away from this materialistic world in the laps of Himalaya, Buddhist monks and more importantly peace with myself. We parked our bikes near tent houses and felt the vibe of sleeping, consuming pure air and tranquil ambience.

All started with their drinking sessions but I stood there transfixed in the middle of the garden enjoying each and every aspect of nature that eluded mankind back home.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About bhagyaraj


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.