Existing Member?

My Kiwi Backyard

Your Backyard - My Kiwi Backyard

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [380] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Our environment inspired our subject matter. We love the beauty and diversity of our city and we wanted to share it with the world. New Zealand is a small country surrounded by water, so our beaches are an integral part of our culture and history. They serve as a backyard for many New Zealanders so we thought it was the perfect subject for our video.

As students of Unitec Film School we have worked on a number of short films, music videos and studio pieces. We both study Screen Arts; Bex specialising in production managing and assistant directing and Chelcie majors in the camera, sound and lighting field.

Our ambition as filmmakers is to continue to capture live events around us and one day events in different parts of the world. We love the power of documentaries for their ability to inform people of the world around them and to document our history as a planet and a people.

Winning this scholarship would be a surreal experience. Going to New Orleans would fulfill our dream of traveling and capturing the world. We would be so appreciative of the chance for our first step in our chosen careers as travel documentary filmmakers.

Tags: travel film scholarships 2013

Comments

1

Hi there,

Please check your video Privacy settings to make sure that your video can be viewed by anyone and that it can be embedded anywhere.

Thanks,
Alicia

  scholarships Nov 6, 2013 11:42 AM

About bexargar


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.