Existing Member?

The Trans-Siberian

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 13 November 2012 | Views [324]

I have spent the past week around Sihanoukville, a small city on Cambodia's southern coast. It is beautiful here, but super hot and sticky- 90 degrees during the day. It has rained here everyday except one. And the rainy season is supposed to be over! I spent 3 nights in a thatch roof bungalow on Otres beach, a little ways out of town and much more peaceful, although the vendors are still plentiful! I also spent 2 nights on Ko Ta Kriev, an island about an hour's boat ride from the mainland. I slept in a tent on the beach and there was no electricity or running water. Our showers consisted of a bucket and scoop. I snorkeled and swam in the warm waters a lot and also just hung out in a hammock, enjoying the view. I hiked through Reap National Park one day and also saw dolphins twice in the sea! Today I leave for Siem Reap and Angkor Wat on an 11 hour bus ride, switching buses in Phnom Penh. I tried to get a sleeper bus, but was informed that it was broken down so I'd have to take a regular bus- same price as the sleeper and still taking 12 hours, but I wouldn't be able to lay down. So, I'm taking a day bus for cheaper and 1 hour quicker. All kinds of creatures have found their way into my bungalow. I found a very large black frog in my bathroom today and had a snail making his way across the wall yesterday, plus a plethora of bugs and insects. I have quickly realized that mosquito nets keeps out a lot more then just mosquitos!

Tags: beach

 

About bethsiu3


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.