Existing Member?

The Grand Adventure that is my life.....

Sunday, a day of rest

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 23 September 2012 | Views [261]

A grey and drizzly day, coolish, quintessential English weather. Woke today to the sound of church bells. Fitting, after falling asleep to the sound of music and laughter from the nearby pubs last night. Mom and Dorie went for a walk; Catch and I slept in. This morning's breakfast was (for me, anyway) hard-boiled eggs and Danish pastries from a bakery on High Street (one of the many things that got gotten yesterday). Oh, and tea.... LOTS of tea. Of course, by now that is probably understood by all you faithful readers... after all, where there is tea, there is hope, and in England... there be tea.

Soon we'll all venture out for a bite to eat... I think Bailey's Pub will be our destination. It's an easy walk away. Then it sounds like we'll be back up to High Street this afternoon. In their walk this morning, Mom and Dorie made it all the way to St. Mary's Church and walked back via twisty turny streets and passageways that led them past some of the High Street shops that were just opening for the day.

So... one more cuppa and then an easy afternoon out, and then... rest. Anyway, that's MY plan for the day!

More later....

 

About bethhhp


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.