Existing Member?

Heading West

You really gotta love it.

USA | Sunday, 18 July 2010 | Views [252]

Day 4

Cowboy Dave and his grandson, Ethan, rented an Arctic Cat side by side in St Elmo, Colo. and headed out toward Tincup Pass and the Continental Divide, elevation 12,000 +ft.

The side by side was a brand new copper metallic job with aluminum wheels..much too pretty for this environment.  I signed away everything but the water rights to rent it and off we went.  The trail was not exactly a high speed route, since our average speed for the first 8 miles was about 2.1 mph.

I crawl faster than that.

The trail was strewn with every size boulder and rock size imaginable.  Very slow going.  I was very mindful of the damage deposit and took it very easy.

Hell even two female Dunkard 4 wheelers were passin ole CD on this trip.

Humiliating!!

We got to Tincup Pass and got our pictures taken.  There were guys riding big enduro 2 wheelers passing through the trail system on their way to Utah.  Really cool...

On the way back from the town of Tincup, I shagged a branch just off the trail and tore up some plastic fender trim.  That little episode will cost me about $400.00 since all the parts had to be ordered and replaced.

What really pissses me is that all the stuff was merely cosmetic and did not affect the vehicle at all.

Stay awsay from Artic Cat stuff..way over priced for replacement parts.

All in all though, a tough day on the trail but saw some very beautiful scenery and even had a burger at Frenchies in Tincup.

Cross this off my bucket list for sure.

Day after tomorrow E and I do the Engineer Pass here in Ouray in a Polaris Razr.  Maybe I can go two for two in the damage department.

See y'all soon.

Cowboy Dave and Ethan.

About beth2271

Good Hair!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.