Existing Member?

Twenty-one days on the road most travelled If that's way it is...then that's the way it is.

The yellow line

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 24 November 2007 | Views [1368] | Comments [4]

Noosa YHA

Noosa YHA

Noosa.
What a fantastic place, the perfect holiday location, ridiculously beautiful.


I didn’t had a really good start in Noosa. I parked the van on the central car-park in the centre of Noosa Heads. Bought a coffee, got a map from the tourist information office and had a quick look around, as usual. I went back to the car and found a love letter from the city of Noosa behind my wiper. I still didn’t get why I got fined. For me it looked like a normal parking space. It wasn’t a paid parking lot, that’s for sure and I didn’t block out anyone else. But I have noticed a yellow line on the left hand side on the street afterwards. Is that the reason why?? I do not have any other explanation as there were not signs around in that area. It sucks anyway cause they wanna have 75 bucks from that poor little backpacker without a backpack. That hurts…


Noosa. What a stunning beauty. Such a shame I wasn’t able to stay longer than just two nights. The YHA in the centre of Noosa Heads such a perfect place to relax, close to all that posh stores and cafés down at the main beach, and everyone seems to be more laid back than in any other place I have been so far. There is so much atmosphere in here…unbelievable.
But I had to leave unfortunately. I’m on a schedule now, which means I have to be in Rainbow Beach on Saturday, and in Arlie Beach this Tuesday to see Fraser Island and the Whitsundays. I’m looking forward to that, but still…I wouldn’t mind staying a week or more in Noosa.

Have you seen the left thong of my “Lothar Matthaeus Memorial Addiletts”??:)

Tags: ambassador van, on the road

 

Comments

1

love your stories.....vlhm

  mum Nov 27, 2007 5:17 PM

2

Noosa YHA - the best Hostel International in the world!! I love that place!

Sorry to hear about your parking fine bro - but $75? That sounds like a bargain - down in NSW Bathurst, they robbed me for $128! Well, they would have if I'd paid up.... my advice is return the 'fine' when you get it, marked as 'no longer in this country' or something like it! They will give up eventually.

Have a great trip on Fraser. Great blogs!

Cheers

  wanderyears Nov 28, 2007 7:05 AM

3

Missing further blogs!!!!!!!

  Ächsel Nov 28, 2007 10:19 PM

4

I was just down the Goldcoast and got fined $120 for parking only half a metre on the yellow line... Rip Job! And, im a school leaver and officially broke, no idea how im gonna pay it...
Im going to Noosa next week with my family so i'll be sure to watch where we park.
God Bless
Jess

  Jess Dec 12, 2007 10:46 PM

About bert166

Sydney Travel Expo

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.