Existing Member?

Islands of Love

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [287] | Scholarship Entry

Papua New Guinea has received bad attention from the media as a dangerous place to travel however being adventure seekers interested in anthropology we had read about the Islands of Love and wanted to explore this culture.

We studied filmmaking at Bond University where we completed several short films. Together we make a great team as we have complimentary skills with a shared vision. Bree loves being behind the lens and Belle loves producing and being in front of the camera. Together we have worked on documentary/travel style pieces, our most recent filming a yoga tour in northern India.

Our ambition as filmmaker and presenter are to continue making films together and to have the opportunity to work full time on feature length projects.

We completed university three years ago and so far all of our projects have been self-funded. Under the mentorship of Trent O’Donnell we would have the opportunity to launch our careers and to develop and refine our skills in our respective areas with the possibility of receiving worldwide recognition. We hope the world nomads travel scholarship program will be a platform for us to make our dreams become reality.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About bellekeynes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.