Existing Member?

Ich packe meine Sachen und bin raus mein Kind... This is the hub of all knowledge...since it's hard to email all my super cool and incredibly exciting adventures to each and everyone of you every day, this will be it, the place where you can see what i'm doing and where i'm at :-)!

getting lost in the Ghetto...

GERMANY | Thursday, 20 September 2007 | Views [502]

today is september the 20th and i have been in the US for 3 months now. so i thought i'd celebrate the whole thing with a new entry :-)! great idea, huh?

I've made a major step in my life over here: i've finally started to work out again :-)! it was amazing! i miss playing sports so much and i just feel like i'm getting lazy and fat..at camp i ran around all day and believe me that was a ton of exercise each day, but here i'm just taking things slow (if i'm not moving furniture around or go for "a little" grocery shopping to walmart) and my condition is just disappearing :-(..so on monday i finally made it up to the YMCA and all i can say is god bless this amazing institution! it probably is one of my very favourite places to be in the US, no kidding! they just have it all & it's huge and of course air-conditioned! so i had an amazing 2 hour workout and being perfectly honest, i'm still incredibly sore as i'm sitting here, typing it all up two days later :-)...

so today i had a very "bekky" experience...after my host mom and me unpacked moving boxes all morning long in the blazing heat, i treated myself with a trip to the mall in the afternoon (this is probably the point where my poor dad needs CPR..) you gotta know, the mall is clear on the other side of town and since there's some big road construction going on on the highway by it, it's kinda complicated to get to..so me being not the greatest with orientation and all that i was pretty proud of myself that i got to the mall without any problems. and i was even able to leave the mall and get back on the right highway without any detours :-). so i'm driving on the highway happy with me and the world, when i realize how thirsty i am. and - oh perfect- there is a gas station coming up at the next exit. so i leave the highway, and as soon as i'm off, i realize that i landed in the ghetto...yeah like every big city in america, even wichita,ks has a ghetto...so i'm getting my drink and looking forward to getting back on the highway. but when i get back to the point where i exited the highway, i cannot find an on ramp..so there i am all by myself in the ghetto not finding any way back on the highway. the really tortourous part about this is that the highway is right there in front of you all the time but there's just no way to get on...so i'm driving around for 20 minutes in this rather interesting neighbourhood watching weird gangsta kids making weird gangsta signs to me until i finally find an on ramp...yeah, that was my adventure for the day and i have to say, there's really nothing more frustrating than not getting on a highway when it's right in front of you...

well i'll be going to get some brownies :-) yummy!!

Tags: On the Road

About bekky


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.