Existing Member?

Around the World A Journey to Remember

Myoko Times!

JAPAN | Wednesday, 23 December 2009 | Views [396]

Snow Bunny!

Snow Bunny!

So, Ive been in Myoko nearly 2weeks now! I thought i better keep you all updated with whats going on!

The last week especially has been really busy! We have all been hard at work trying to get the rental shop and Kids Centre ready for opening! they are finally done! (check out the fotos in the gallery!) We all chipped in with the painting, cleaning and decorating and it was really nice to feel apart of bringing the ski school together!

We had an Opening ceremony on Friday 18th, with local residents and business owners! It was a fantastic night, and we all managed to commnicate with the japanese guests! everyone seemed really impressed withe the ski school and our japanese!

Saturday was the official opening of the resort, and after the snowfall ( see gallery!), we were lucky to have a few runs open! it took everyone a while to get their ski legs back, but it was great to be back on the snow.

Saturday Evening saw the opening of our bar in the local hotel... 'Castle Bar'. It was a great night packed with japanese food, lots of beer, saki, japanese rice vodka, singing and japanese drum playing. it was a real cultural experience and made me feel like one of the locals!

Also during the week we headed to the Akakura Kanko Hotel. it is a luxury 5* hotel, where the Japanese Emperial Family stay when they are in town. we were shown around the luxury suites, the restaurant and the outdoor onsens! the view was amazing!

There has been no guests to ski school as yet but, we have been out skiing everyday, training and orientating ourselves with the resort! it is amzing to see the transformation from village with no snow, to a snow packed ski resort! AND , I HAVE NEVER SEEN SNOW LIKE IT! in 4 days we had about 90cm, and it looks just like icing sugar! it is amazing to ski on!

so thats it so far! I'm looking forward to teaching again, and my first white xmas in a while!

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from Myoko, Japan.

About bekkie

Day 2- Ready to Go

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.