Existing Member?

Mexico to panama and Cuba in between

Boquete

PANAMA | Tuesday, 18 December 2012 | Views [508]

 

Boquete

Day 1
I feel like absolute shite. The worst hangover since the thanksgiving incident in Nicaragua! I look at the time and it's almost check out time, so I packed my shit and jumped in the shower.
My water taxi wasn't until 12.30 so I went to brave some food at the bakery. I ran into an equally hungover Brooke and Iain before heading to the dock.
I rolled up and met a very nice Aussie girl who was headed to boquete as well. We were chatting and old mate tripper David from Kansas rocks up as well.
We hopped in the boat and took off for Almirante then jumped on the shuttle to boquete. There were a few times there was going to be some serious vommies from me due to a hangover mixed with windy roads!
The scenery was beautiful all the way and the little town is cute too. We all checked into the hostel and alyse and I booked a coffee tour for tomorrow at 9am. Six of us walked up to a Peruvian restaurant called machu pichu and it was delicious. 
The boys are all doing a 12 hour hike up the local volcano which starts at midnight tonight so they all went off for a nanna nap..........fark that!
Alyse and I were thinking of doing the hot springs but I google imaged them and it's just a puddle really!
Alyse and I are also going to travel together to panama city on Tuesday which worked out well.
Day 2
My neck is faaaarked. Did something to it in Bocas, might need to seek out a massage this arvo!
We are about to head off to the local coffee plantation, my first in central America and one of the more famous in panama.
It was great. Mr Tito owns the place and he couldn't get loans from the banks 20 years ago to buy the processing equipment so he made it all out of parts from an old jeep his father gave him! It's unbelievable what he's accomplished. The roaster is an old clothes dryer drum!
We got a pic taken with all of us and mr Tito grabbed a crate to stand next to me because I was so tall!
Alyse and I walked around the town a bit and found some great craft stores. I bought jaxon the cutest hand knitted hoody.
A group of us went out for dinner and we ran into gwen and chris who stayed at our casa. Had a few drinks but I've done the dash for an early one, alyse and I have to catch the bus to David at 6.45am then a 6 hour bus to panama city.
Boquete is a lovely little town, there's not a lot to do but the people are friendly, the foods great and the landscape is beautiful.

About beebatoz


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.