Existing Member?

Magnificent Italian Country

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

ITALY | Sunday, 20 March 2011 | Views [360] | Scholarship Entry

Apennines, magnificent peninsula. For the first time when i step on Italian soil, was thinking, "OK, is like every other country i have been", several years ago and it was OK, because i just saw the beautiful squares, streets, houses. Two years ago when i receive the EVS call in Turin, Italy couldn't resist, for incredible 10 months. EVS is a European Voluntary/Civil Service and a great opportunity for me to see deep what Italy means. In the Italian embassy in Skopje (we use to need Italian visa), personally the Italian ambassador wish me luck and I was thinking "I really need it" and she was so kind. The first place, was the Milan station "Milano Centrale" then I saw that no Italian speaks English and that was the first think i had to pass. There, on Milano Centrale was asking for someone to show me how to use the public phone card, because the operator was speaking something in Italian, and after 10 minutes i decide to do it again and to use the other languages i know to understand. Somehow i reach Turin and my life experience starts. In the next 10 months i saw the true Italian beauty. I was on the Alps, passing hours near the beautiful view of corn fields, vineyards on the road from Turin to Alessandria. Then, I saw the beauty of the magnificent city of Genoa, the port, the old city, the old city walls, squares etc. then again i was in Milan then Bergamo, Brescia, Trento, Udine, Venice, Bologna, Rome, Parma, Florence, Lecce, Otranto, Naples and many small cities, villages and places i will never forget, because they where magnificent. Small village in the Langhe area near Turin, placed on a small hill, surrounded by beautiful vineyards and magnificent view, old houses, believe me every person on the earth would love to visit it. Some of the best vines are made there; the word magnificent is so small to bring these feelings out. The magnificent cities of Italy, most of them museums, i call them "city museum", with fantastic architecture, buildings, city castles (with so fantastical stories and structure), great squares, magnificent sculptures made by some of the biggest artists ever, fantastical old universities, houses, Villas, ruined or saved cities (Pompey) etc. i could write till tomorrow. Some other parts want to add: Italy has fantastic roads, Bus transport, Trains and so. Each of the 15 regions i visit (20 regions exist in Italy) is absolutely magnificent, some of the recognizable by the beautiful beaches, some by the mountains, some by roads, some by crowdedness, some by the mess, some by the mafia. Very particular for me where those small villages on the top of the hills, supplied with perfect infrastructure, organized well and so. Como lake visit, was also an extraordinary experience, so perfect, so beautiful that i have no words except to recommend to visit it. During this magnificent year i visit almost all the museums in Turin. Some of them are showing the rich past of the Piedmont, some, the modern ages, some the Egyptian history, film, auto industry etc. Between these magnificent places i visit, are the Italian people, something most particular. All of them with "strange habits": drinking coffee 10 times daily or even more, lateness, extreme emotionality, openness etc. that makes them so particular and so cute. These small people, not so high are with so nice temperament and incredible beauty and some of them are my dearest friends, true friends. Something in between is the religion, something that is not really accepted among the young people, but is more then obvious that have big history, fantastic churches with magnificent architecture.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About beautiful


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.