Existing Member?

A sip of flower market in Dadar

Flower market in India

INDIA | Thursday, 18 September 2014 | Views [1584] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Why I should be selected is because I think I have made an attempt to extract the flavor of simplicity and an expression, a gesture that portrays big dreams in small packages. It also appeared, that their whole life belongings were right in their little jholi (cloth) where they keep money, yet the grace and joy, comes through loud and clear. An important aspect what I have traced is where their last meal came from. You no longer take as much for granted. A lovely experience - this market. Filming there was fun since people got more friendly as they don't find cameras often in the flower market. Speaking to them taught me the bigger lessons of life as how to be consistent to take your stand. I am just wandering why bollywood has not taken this place as a 3 hour film can be made on this.
Winning this entry would definitely mean a lot to me as I would get to breath something different, to taste something new. Deeply fascinated with cultural augmentation and finding out meanings, metaphors and memes from it, has always been a great experience for me. I want to connect myself and become a part of this festival and experience how they honor with sugar skulls, marigolds (comparison of usage in India and Mexico), visiting the graves and yes, lastly the local food and drinks.


Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

Really nice video dude, I like your presenting style, very relaxed and genuine!

  Jimmy Nov 1, 2014 12:40 AM

About beatraveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.