Existing Member?

Honeymoon in the Maldives

Honeymoon in the Maldives!!!

MALDIVES | Tuesday, 1 July 2008 | Views [486]

How exciting, a beautiful beach and fabulous husband what more could a girl ask for???

We stayed at the Island Hudharanfushi, in a gorgeous over the water villa, very beautiful.

But I was I far from impressed but the treatment I have received from the management on the island, I and at least 5 other guests suffered from a severe case of Salmonellia poisoning!!! We only ate at the buffet restaurant and I was ill 2 days into my holiday, I wasn't able to eat for 3 days and ill for 5!

I have been told in no uncertain terms that it is impossible it happened there, and that they abide by health regulations, they have now ignored my emails and will not reply. It was a very expensive holiday, and I am extremely dissappointed with my honeymoon, all my memories are tarnished and they don't care!Please listen to me when I say amazing part of the world, but "DO NOT CHOOSE HUDHARANFUSHI" as a holiday destination.

If you're a surfer, as my husband was and that is why we chose this island, go to Don Valley, it's just across the water it has fabulous surf and much better customer relations we have been told from people also staying with us.

I hope this story helps another happy traveller!!!

About beachgoer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Maldives

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.