Existing Member?

CORBETT NATIONAL PARK....

trip to corbett national park

INDIA | Saturday, 3 May 2014 | Views [172] | Scholarship Entry

The time w as early November; second professional exams were on verge of finishing. I got a call from my friend vipul ,they were planning to go to Corbett national park next week .I was thrilled to hear that I was totally drenched , I wanted a good break , and this was a great chance . I agreed without any fuss, unlikely of me!
Jim Corbett was merely 40 km away from our town, kashipur but we had not visited it once, every time we had some sort of hindrance! We were four friends this time around to break this jinx.
Early morning we were there before time, we were surprised to see, there was a big crowd waiting there .we stated gossiping with a guide to kill time. He told us that during season there is even more rush in tourists.
We were in shock to see the open jeep, how can they take us to the jungles without a cover; the guide laughingly told us the animal are more scared of you. But I soon realized the fun was in open jeep only, they took us around 20 KM deep in jungles.Our guide was a great guy, he kept on chirping with us and was busy in telling about the all famous park .he told us that there are amazing 488 species of flora , Total tree basal cover is greater in Sal dominated areas of woody vegetation. We did see lots of deer, lagoons, different kind of birds and off course elephant too. But we all were all waiting for glimpse of a tiger which we were finally able to get as a tiger was relaxing in shade.It was a great sight; we all were all excited of being so close to a real tiger. Our guide was passing his knowledge regarding the park in easy going and in storytelling fashion, which made it more pleasant. Bengal tigers, although plentiful, are not easily spotted The tigers in the park have been known to kill much larger animals such as buffalo and even elephant for food. The reserve has enormous boars, weighing up to 200 pounds, who provide a match for the tigers as a large male boar is capable of killing a tiger. There have been incidents of tigers attacking domestic animals in times when there is a shortage of prey.
We all had great time out in the wild; we enjoyed the beauty with the beast. There are lot of souvenir’s shops for shopping merchandise related to park, The safari was amazing, we returned and spent the whole day on the banks of river kosi and were very happy to be there, planning for our next expedition.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About batram


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.