Existing Member?

The art of Batik

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 11 April 2012 | Views [241] | Scholarship Entry

As I traveled the road down from Bali's sunglasses, I could not help but mesmerized by the beauty of its beaches, people and culture. After trying to pictured myself painting Batik, the special art grandeur of the country, I asked the artist what was it that made Batik unique and special, and was surprised to learned the art behind it. I understood beyond my initial perceptions how Batik was made. The art of drawing the silky, cool cloth of Batik was the holding one's artist's breath as she painted step by step the inks dotted along the lines and figurative drawn shapes. This was the reason why Batik appeared lively, creative, mystical and stood out from the rest of other art pieces. Few years dated back, I got the privilege to know more about Batik through a travel to Central Java, the ancient Indonesian kingdom, and gained wisdom that Batik had existed ever since the Dutch colony centuries ago and got experience seeing the beauty and preservation of Batik. Indonesia's art and culture is indeed beautiful and wonderful.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About batik


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.