Existing Member?

Asia Adventure

THE LONGEST DAY

THAILAND | Sunday, 16 September 2012 | Views [723]

Has it been 18 days already since I landed in Bangkok around 10:30 at night Aug 23?  It all started with a marathon 24-hours of flying -- starting from Newark, 6+ hours to San Francisco then on to Seoul for a 13 hour flight and, finally the Bangkok leg of about five + hours.  It turned out to be the longest day of sunlight in my life as the plane's computer display showed sunset had already overtaken New York -- and we were only about a third of the way across the Pacific. Then, before you knew it, the rest of the U.S. had gone dark and then Hawaii and Alaska. Finally, somewhere over China, I looked out and saw darkness had finally descended on my “day”. It wasn’t too long, however, before lights from a sprawling Bangkok filled the cabin windows and then the long journey came to an end. Fortunately, the journey immigration and customs was much quicker and then it was on to officially start my seven-month walk about in Southeast Asia.

 

Tags: travel

About babybloomer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.